Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Inagural Blog

So it begins, my online journal entitled "a Bald man and his Bear" the Josh Mauldin story. a veiled reference to the fact that im bald and do youth ministry and the similarities between my life and the story of Elisha in 2 Kings
23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths. 25 And he went on to Mount Carmel and from there returned to Samaria.
Im a mean youth minister

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha....I love that story. I'm excited to see how much God blesses your ministry. I love ya brother.

Josh said...

I laughed so hard that snot came out my nose!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why this is supposed to be funny. It seems to me that if you are planning to impress the parents of Southwest's youth, you'd be more successful by 'inaguralizing' your enthusiam to teaching them and not mauling them.

Dave said...

After letting the third comment sit here for a few months, I have to post something...

1. I would hope Josh is not at Southwest to IMPRESS anyone, as that is not a biblical, nor a worthwhile endeavor in ministry.

2. Josh made no reference to "mauling" anyone. If you care to read the Biblical narrative correctly, it wasn't even Elisha who sent the bears, it was GOD. If I were a "Southwest youth", I would be much more concerned about what forms of correction GOD brings rather than a youth minister.

3. Anonymous comments that are verbal attacks are cowardly AT BEST. 99% of comments like yours do not even deserve to be read, let alone considered a valid part of the conversation. I post this so that your post does not sour the rest of Josh's blog.